Recently Published Books
Can capitalism promote effective philanthropy and altruism? Have the big society right wing neoliberals got it wrong?
Examining the recent changes in the labour of an artist and addressing them from the perspective of performance.
M. G. E. Kelly
The First World is a parasite, subsisting on life imported from the Third World, and exporting death in return.
The story of how your NHS was sold off to private healthcare and why you will have to buy insurance soon
The Battle for Texas's Psychedelic Music, from The 13th Floor Elevators to The Black Angels and Beyond
The neglected story of how Texan musicians pioneered and explored psychedelic rock, and the too-high price they often paid.
Teaching Under Occupation
Life in the West Bank, the nature of pedagogy and the role of a university under occupation.
The Art of Culinary Notation
Chapters become courses in this curious feast, exploring the form of the recipe from post-war to today.
The first book to examine the multiple and contradictory strategies for putting the moon on film.
From Public Enemy to Pussy Riot - Dispatches from Musical Frontlines
Thrilling reportage from raves, riots and rebellions documents how rebels with a cause use music as a force for change.
Everyday Analysis - Volume 2
Analysing the signs of everyday life.
The future is alongside us, sometimes closer, sometimes further away.
A radical critique of existing institutions.
Footnotes, Mirages, Refrains and Leftovers of Writing Sound
Ephemeral, F.M.R.L: A collection of fragments and essays recording accidents of hearing and detours of thought in response to the peripheral nature of listening and reading.
Horror of Philosophy vol. 2
Philosophy meets horror against the backdrop of an indifferent, unhuman cosmos.
Class, Food and Climate Change
How and why the working class are being blamed for climate change, and what we can do about it.
Horror of Philosophy vol. 3
Systematic, comprehensive exploration of the links between philosophy, religion, and the horror genre.
David Bowie: every single song. Everything you want to know, everything you didn't know.
Steroids, Cocaine, Finance and Film in the 70s
Neoliberalism, steroids, cocaine, deregulation and finance as reflected in the films of the 70s.
Pressing Race, Class and Ethnicity into Service in “Amerika”
Joshua David Gonsalves
Bio-Politicizing Cary Grant explicates the ethnic, racial and sexual ambiguity of Cary Grant’s star persona as both an inculcation of (and resistance to) biopolitical imperatives in fifties-era “America”.
Socialism and the Market in China
Leftist observers of China's political economy, whether they are adulatory or dismissive, have fundamentally misunderstood the role of the market
An aesthetics of the economy for the twenty-first century.
pop music, feminism, neoliberalism
Neoliberalism co-opts noisy riots like feminism and hardcore music--can melancholic siren songs fight back?
A sequel to Awkwardness and Why We Love Sociopaths, Creepiness explores popular culture to examine the worst character trait of all.
The Manipulation of Mind
How your state of mind makes Big Business Happy
A Manifesto for a Doomed Youth
How to understand the crisis and stop the top 1% all at the same time.
The Revolutionary Union / Revolutionary Communist Party 1968-1980
Aaron J. Leonard
Conor A. Gallagher
A critical history of the largest Maoist organization to emerge in the US out of the tumultuous sixties, and the FBI's unrelenting campaign against it.
Identity, Status, Structure and The Stranglers
If the Sex Pistols and The Clash represented punk's sacred, then The Stranglers were its profane. Strangled sets out to explain why discussion of this most taboo of bands has for so long been silenced-a collective cultural Omerta.
Essays on Literature and Theory
Selected writings by one of today's leading young literary critics.
Confessions of a Movie Autist
If movies and popular culture shape us from an early age, how do we separate the real from the imaginary?
Pornography feminists unshackle their desires and celebrate their sexuality in the patriarchal world of filmed sex.
- Mark FisherMark Fisher is highly respected both as a music writer and a theorist. He writes regularly for The W...
- Eugene ThackerPhilosopher Eugene Thacker thinks and writes about a world of natural disasters, emerging pandemics,...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University. She is the co-editor of Alai...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...
- Peter FlemingPeter Fleming is Professor of Work and Organisation at Queen Mary College. His recent writings are a...
- Richard SeymourRichard Seymour is a socialist, writer, teacher and neurotic. He writes regular columns for the Guar...
- Adam KotskoAdam Kotsko is Assistant Professor of Humanities at Shimer College in Chicago (USA). He is the auth...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Ivor SouthwoodAfter working as a psychiatric nurse, Ivor Southwood left the NHS in 2000 to study Literature and Me...
- Architecture: Criticism
- Architecture: General
- Architecture: Regional
- Architecture: Urban & land use planning
- Art: Art & politics
- Art: Asian
- Art: Conceptual
- Art: Criticism & theory
- Art: European
- Art: Film & video
- Art: General
- Art: History: General
- Art: History: Modern (late 19th century to 1945)
- Art: Individual artists: General
- Art: Performance
- Art: Popular culture
- Art: Subjects & themes: Landscapes
- Biography & autobiography: Composers & musicians
- Biography & autobiography: Entertainment & performing arts
- Biography & autobiography: Personal memoirs
- Biography & autobiography: Philosophers
- Biography & autobiography: Political
- Biography & autobiography: Rich & famous
- Biography & autobiography: Women
- Body, mind & spirit: Spiritualism
- Business & economics: Banks & banking
- Business & economics: Business ethics
- Business & economics: Corporate & business history
- Business & economics: Development: Economic development
- Business & economics: Development: General
- Business & economics: Development: Sustainable development
- Business & economics: Economic history
- Business & economics: Entrepreneurship
- Business & economics: Finance
- Business & economics: General
- Business & economics: Workplace culture
- Computers: General
- Cooking: General
- Design: General
- Design: History & criticism
- Do not use
- Education: Educational policy & reform: General
- Education: General
- Education: Philosophy & social aspects
- Family & relationships: Death, grief, bereavement
- Family & relationships: Ethics & morals
- Fiction: Action & adventure
- Fiction: Biographical
- Fiction: Fairy tales, folklore & mythology
- Fiction: General
- Fiction: Historical
- Fiction: Horror
- Fiction: Humorous
- Fiction: Literary
- Fiction: Political
- Fiction: Short stories (single author)
- Fiction: Thrillers
- Fiction: Urban life
- Games: Video & electronic
- Health & fitness: General
- Health & fitness: Womens health
- History: Asia: China
- History: Europe
- History: Europe: Great britain
- History: Europe: Ireland
- History: General
- History: Military: World war i
- History: Military: World war ii
- History: North america
- History: Revolutionary
- History: Social history
- History: United states: 20th century
- Humor: Topic: Sports
- Literary collections: Essays
- Literary criticism
- Literary criticism: Books & reading
- Literary criticism: Comics & graphic novels
- Literary criticism: European: English, irish, scottish, welsh
- Literary criticism: General
- Literary criticism: Gothic & romance
- Literary criticism: Poetry
- Literary criticism: Semiotics & theory
- Medical: Administration
- Music: Ethnic
- Music: Ethnomusicology
- Music: General
- Music: Genres & styles: Pop vocal
- Music: Genres & styles: Punk
- Music: Genres & styles: Rock
- Music: History & criticism
- Music: Individual composer & musician
- Music: Instruction & study: Theory
- Nature: Ecology
- Performing arts: Business aspects
- Performing arts: Film & video: General
- Performing arts: Film & video: History & criticism
- Performing arts: General
- Performing arts: Theater: Direction & production
- Philosophy: Aesthetics
- Philosophy: Criticism
- Philosophy: Ethics & moral philosophy
- Philosophy: General
- Philosophy: Metaphysics
- Philosophy: Methodology
- Philosophy: Mind & body
- Philosophy: Movements
- Philosophy: Movements: General
- Philosophy: Political
- Philosophy: Religious
- Philosophy: Social
- Poetry: English, irish, scottish, welsh
- Poetry: General
- Political science
- Political science: Censorship
- Political science: Civics & citizenship
- Political science: Constitutions
- Political science: Economic conditions
- Political science: General
- Political science: Globalization
- Political science: History & theory
- Political science: International relations
- Political science: International relations: General
- Political science: Labor & industrial relations
- Political science: Ngos (non-governmental organizations)
- Political science: Political freedom & security
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Civil rights
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Human rights
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Intelligence
- Political science: Political ideologies
- Political science: Political ideologies: Anarchism
- Political science: Political ideologies: Communism & socialism
- Political science: Political ideologies: Democracy
- Political science: Political ideologies: General
- Political science: Public affairs & administration
- Psychology: General
- Psychology: Mental health
- Psychology: Social psychology
- Science: Earth sciences: General
- Science: General
- Science: Life sciences: Evolution
- Social science
- Social science: Abortion & birth control
- Social science: Agriculture & food
- Social science: Anthropology: Cultural
- Social science: Developing countries
- Social science: Discrimination & race relations
- Social science: Disease & health issues
- Social science: Emigration & immigration
- Social science: Essays
- Social science: Ethnic studies: General
- Social science: Feminism & feminist theory
- Social science: Folklore & mythology
- Social science: General
- Social science: Handicapped
- Social science: Media studies
- Social science: Mens studies
- Social science: Popular culture
- Social science: Slavery
- Social science: Social classes
- Social science: Sociology
- Social science: Sociology: Urban
- Social science: Womens studies
- Sports & recreation: Running & jogging
- Travel: Africa
- Travel: Europe: Germany
- Travel: Europe: Greece
- True crime: General
- True crime: Murder