Recently Published Books
Politicises art with a sense of immediacy.
Dialogues on Architecture and the Left
Nadir Z. Lahiji
Can architectural discourse rethink itself in terms of a radical emancipatory project? And if so, what would be the contours of such a discourse?
Why Young People Don’t Vote
Why don't young people vote? Through four main reasons, Mitchell helps us answer this question as well as giving some solutions.
Experiences of Class Struggle and Rethinking Revolutionary Agency
In today's globalised world, and after the collapse of Stalinism, what remains of Marx's 'the working class as the gravediggers of capitalism'?
Gay Liberation, Sexual Revolution and Radical Queens
The queer fight for Gay Liberation; authentic identities and modern roles for lesbians and gays that enhanced British society.
Learning From the Socialist Experiment
A comprehensive historical study to understand today's world and find a better world tomorrow.
A thorough-going re-elaboration of modern experience via the senses.
The Dark Arts of Projectors
Why is a novel like a corporation? How is Daniel Defoe connected to the Bank of England?
The cultural history and geography of a Utopia
At the crossroads of fiction and social theory, the book confronts fundamental issues facing Western civilization in the 21st century.
Don't lose track, she moves fast.
Awakening to the Era of Complexity
Surviving the anthropocene; the era of complexity!
the practice of Kafala in the Gulf Arab Region
Enslavement, trafficking, sexual starvation. Abuse of workers in the Gulf Arab Region.
Candy Crush and Capitalism
This book is a study of enjoyment and of the enjoyment of studying. It asks what enjoyment says about us and what we say about enjoyment, and why.
Things exist, and therefore undoubtedly resist us, but in doing so they offer affordances, resources, opportunities.
An exhibit catalog for the end of the world
An imagined retrospective of apocalyptic art
What is Education for?
The birth of a revolutionary art of world-creation.
A renewed appreciation of the mystery and promise of writing.
One hundred years on from the Rising that set Ireland free, Ireland's leaders in politics and letters are running scared from their history.
Passions of the Will To Boredom
Julian Jason Haladyn
Examines the manners in which modern artists use boredom as a form of aesthetic resistance that, at its most positive, is the will to boredom.
A defence of growth, progress, industry and stuff
Modernity is not the cause of our ecological woes. Only through a deepening of our modernity can we save the planet.
A collection of short stories; alternatively one long one
A collection of short stories; or one long one.
Essays, Reviews & Interviews
A collection of highly-informed essays offering fresh perspectives on cutting-edge writers, musicians and filmmakers.
Dispossessed Capital in Neo-Dickensian London
A radical reinterpretation of Dickens's novels made consequential to an understanding of capitalism in the neoliberal age.
A Superstructural Tourist Guide to Berlin for the Visitor and the New Resident
Fear and Loathing in the Las Vegas of intellectuals and psychagogic city mapping.
Examining the recent changes in the labour of an artist and addressing them from the perspective of performance.
Can capitalism promote effective philanthropy and altruism? Have the big society right wing neoliberals got it wrong?
The story of how your NHS was sold off to private healthcare and why you will have to buy insurance soon
M. G. E. Kelly
The First World is a parasite, subsisting on life imported from the Third World, and exporting death in return.
The Battle for Texas's Psychedelic Music, from The 13th Floor Elevators to The Black Angels and Beyond
The neglected story of how Texan musicians pioneered and explored psychedelic rock, and the too-high price they often paid.
The Art of Culinary Notation
Chapters become courses in this curious feast, exploring the form of the recipe from post-war to today.
Teaching Under Occupation
Life in the West Bank, the nature of pedagogy and the role of a university under occupation.
From Public Enemy to Pussy Riot - Dispatches from Musical Frontlines
Thrilling reportage from raves, riots and rebellions documents how rebels with a cause use music as a force for change.
The first book to examine the multiple and contradictory strategies for putting the moon on film.
Everyday Analysis - Volume 2
Analysing the signs of everyday life.
The future is alongside us, sometimes closer, sometimes further away.
Footnotes, Mirages, Refrains and Leftovers of Writing Sound
Ephemeral, F.M.R.L: A collection of fragments and essays recording accidents of hearing and detours of thought in response to the peripheral nature of listening and reading.
Class, Food and Climate Change
How and why the working class are being blamed for climate change, and what we can do about it.
A radical critique of existing institutions.
Horror of Philosophy vol. 2
Philosophy meets horror against the backdrop of an indifferent, unhuman cosmos.
Horror of Philosophy vol. 3
Systematic, comprehensive exploration of the links between philosophy, religion, and the horror genre.
- Mark FisherMark Fisher is highly respected both as a music writer and a theorist. He writes regularly for The W...
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including In The Dust Of This Planet (2011). He teach...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University. She is the co-editor of Alai...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Chris O'LearyChris O'Leary is a writer, editor and journalist based in western Massachusetts. O'Leary has intervi...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...
- Peter FlemingPeter Fleming is Professor of Work and Organisation at Queen Mary College. His recent writings are a...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...
- Youssef El-GingihyYoussef El-Gingihy is a GP working in Tower Hamlets. He studied medicine, neuroscience and English l...
- Architecture: Criticism
- Architecture: General
- Architecture: Regional
- Architecture: Urban & land use planning
- Art: Art & politics
- Art: Asian
- Art: Conceptual
- Art: Criticism & theory
- Art: European
- Art: Film & video
- Art: General
- Art: History: General
- Art: History: Modern (late 19th century to 1945)
- Art: Individual artists: General
- Art: Performance
- Art: Popular culture
- Art: Subjects & themes: Landscapes
- Biography & autobiography: Composers & musicians
- Biography & autobiography: Educators
- Biography & autobiography: Entertainment & performing arts
- Biography & autobiography: Personal memoirs
- Biography & autobiography: Philosophers
- Biography & autobiography: Political
- Biography & autobiography: Reference
- Biography & autobiography: Rich & famous
- Biography & autobiography: Women
- Body, mind & spirit: Spiritualism
- Business & economics: Banks & banking
- Business & economics: Business ethics
- Business & economics: Corporate & business history
- Business & economics: Development: Economic development
- Business & economics: Development: General
- Business & economics: Development: Sustainable development
- Business & economics: Economic history
- Business & economics: Entrepreneurship
- Business & economics: Finance
- Business & economics: General
- Business & economics: Workplace culture
- Computers: General
- Cooking: General
- Design: General
- Design: History & criticism
- Do not use
- Education: Educational policy & reform: General
- Education: General
- Education: Philosophy & social aspects
- Family & relationships: Aging
- Family & relationships: Death, grief, bereavement
- Family & relationships: Ethics & morals
- Fiction: Action & adventure
- Fiction: Biographical
- Fiction: Fairy tales, folklore & mythology
- Fiction: General
- Fiction: Historical
- Fiction: Horror
- Fiction: Humorous
- Fiction: Literary
- Fiction: Political
- Fiction: Religious
- Fiction: Science fiction: General
- Fiction: Short stories (single author)
- Fiction: Thrillers
- Fiction: Urban life
- Games: Video & electronic
- Health & fitness: General
- Health & fitness: Sexuality
- Health & fitness: Womens health
- History: Asia: China
- History: Europe
- History: Europe: Great britain
- History: Europe: Greece (see also ancient
- History: Europe: Ireland
- History: General
- History: Military: World war i
- History: Military: World war ii
- History: North america
- History: Revolutionary
- History: Social history
- History: United states: 20th century
- Humor: Topic: Sports
- Language arts & disciplines: Composition & creative writing
- Language arts & disciplines: Rhetoric
- Literary collections: Essays
- Literary criticism
- Literary criticism: Books & reading
- Literary criticism: Canadian
- Literary criticism: Comics & graphic novels
- Literary criticism: European
- Literary criticism: European: English, irish, scottish, welsh
- Literary criticism: General
- Literary criticism: Gothic & romance
- Literary criticism: Poetry
- Literary criticism: Semiotics & theory
- Literary criticism: Women authors
- Medical: Administration
- Medical: Geriatrics
- Music: Ethnic
- Music: Ethnomusicology
- Music: General
- Music: Genres & styles: Electronic
- Music: Genres & styles: Heavy metal
- Music: Genres & styles: Pop vocal
- Music: Genres & styles: Punk
- Music: Genres & styles: Rock
- Music: History & criticism
- Music: Individual composer & musician
- Music: Instruction & study: Theory
- Nature: Ecology
- Performing arts: Business aspects
- Performing arts: Film & video: General
- Performing arts: Film & video: History & criticism
- Performing arts: General
- Performing arts: Theater: Direction & production
- Philosophy: Aesthetics
- Philosophy: Criticism
- Philosophy: Ethics & moral philosophy
- Philosophy: General
- Philosophy: Metaphysics
- Philosophy: Methodology
- Philosophy: Mind & body
- Philosophy: Movements
- Philosophy: Movements: General
- Philosophy: Political
- Philosophy: Religious
- Philosophy: Social
- Philosophy: Zen
- Poetry: English, irish, scottish, welsh
- Poetry: General
- Political science
- Political science: Censorship
- Political science: Civics & citizenship
- Political science: Constitutions
- Political science: Economic conditions
- Political science: Essays
- Political science: General
- Political science: Globalization
- Political science: History & theory
- Political science: International relations
- Political science: International relations: General
- Political science: Labor & industrial relations
- Political science: Ngos (non-governmental organizations)
- Political science: Political freedom & security
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Civil rights
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Human rights
- Political science: Political freedom & security: Intelligence
- Political science: Political ideologies
- Political science: Political ideologies: Anarchism
- Political science: Political ideologies: Communism & socialism
- Political science: Political ideologies: Democracy
- Political science: Political ideologies: General
- Political science: Political process
- Political science: Public affairs & administration
- Psychology: General
- Psychology: Mental health
- Psychology: Social psychology
- Science: Earth sciences: General
- Science: General
- Science: Life sciences: Evolution
- Social science
- Social science: Abortion & birth control
- Social science: Agriculture & food
- Social science: Anthropology: Cultural
- Social science: Developing countries
- Social science: Discrimination & race relations
- Social science: Disease & health issues
- Social science: Emigration & immigration
- Social science: Essays
- Social science: Ethnic studies: General
- Social science: Feminism & feminist theory
- Social science: Folklore & mythology
- Social science: Gay studies
- Social science: Gender studies
- Social science: General
- Social science: Gerontology
- Social science: Handicapped
- Social science: Media studies
- Social science: Mens studies
- Social science: Popular culture
- Social science: Pornography
- Social science: Slavery
- Social science: Social classes
- Social science: Sociology
- Social science: Sociology: General
- Social science: Sociology: Urban
- Social science: Womens studies
- Sports & recreation: Running & jogging
- Transportation: Aviation: General
- Travel: Africa
- Travel: Essays & travelogues
- Travel: Europe: Germany
- Travel: Europe: Greece
- True crime: General
- True crime: Murder