How well do you know your market? Be specific. Who did you write this book for? Who is most likely to buy it, and why? Tell us about identifiable, reachable groups, e.g.:
- "40 Amazon customers who reviewed author's previous book"
- "6,000 followers of the author's blog"
- "Those who attend author’s workshops"
- "Followers of Osho"
- “Subscribers to History Today”
- “Trad jazz music fans”
- "Author’s community/network/group is likely to buy 200 copies, there are 200 similar organizations in the USA"
- "Holiday makers to Crete with time to read novels set in Greece"
- "Author has 2000 Facebook likes"
Though of course, some of these groups are not easy to reach. That's where the Marketing Plan, below, comes in.
If your title is for children or YA, give the age group. Select from:
- Young Adult 13–18
- New Adult 18–25