Alphabetical listing of books
click a letter below
Towards a New Technology of Making Sense
Daniel CoffeenAug 2016
A guide to making new sense of the world, critically and generously. A techne for the postmodern world.
Teaching Under Occupation
Tom SperlingerJun 2015
Life in the West Bank, the nature of pedagogy and the role of a university under occupation.
All the songs of David Bowie from '64 to '76
Chris O'LearyMar 2015
David Bowie: every single song. Everything you want to know, everything you didn't know.
pop music, feminism, neoliberalism
Robin JamesFeb 2015
Neoliberalism co-opts noisy riots like feminism and hardcore music--can melancholic siren songs fight back?
The Possibilities and Limits of Anarchism
Matthew WilsonAug 2014
Is life without the state really possible, and, if so, what would such a life look like?
A taste of austerity, the limits of democracy and the overlooked, untold stories of a country in 'crisis'.
Popular Strategies for Innovation After the End of Endings
Murat KaramuftuogluApr 2013
Mingling popular-culture theory with innovation theory and entrepreneurship in a lively style with textual and visual puns.
Travels in the World's Poorest Countries
Mark WestonOct 2012
Life, death and a brush with insanity in Africa's wild, forgotten West.
Daniel SimpsonAug 2012
Why a young reporter quit his job at The New York Times, and got himself mixed up with Balkan gangsters.
Mark FisherNov 2009
The definitive account of Michael Jackson's rise and fall by the world's best music writers. or Written by the world's best music writers for those who loved his records, and want to understand the times he defined. OR This collection of thoughtful
- Biography & autobiography (general): Composers & musicians
- Biography & autobiography (general): Personal memoirs
- Business & economics (general): Entrepreneurship
- Do not use
- Education (general)
- Language arts & disciplines (general): Rhetoric
- Literary criticism (general): Semiotics & theory
- Music (general): History & criticism
- Music (general): Individual composer & musician
- Philosophy (general)
- Philosophy (general): Language
- Philosophy (general): Movements (general): Critical theory
- Philosophy (general): Political
- Philosophy (general): Social
- Political science (general)
- Political science (general): Civics & citizenship
- Political science (general): International relations (general)
- Political science (general): Political economy
- Social science (general)
- Social science (general): Developing & emerging countries
- Social science (general): Media studies
- Social science (general): Popular culture
- Travel (general): Africa (general)
- Mark FisherMark Fisher's writing put Zero Books on the map in 2009. His book Capitalist Realism continues to de...
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including the Horror of Philosophy Trilogy (In the Du...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University. She is the co-editor of Alai...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Youssef El-GingihyYoussef El-Gingihy is a GP working in Tower Hamlets. He studied medicine, neuroscience and English l...
- Chris O'LearyChris O'Leary is a writer, editor and journalist based in western Massachusetts. O'Leary has intervi...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...
- Peter FlemingPeter Fleming is Professor of Work and Organisation at Queen Mary College. His recent writings are a...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...