Alphabetical listing of books
click a letter below
Political Conversations from Everyday Analysis
EDA CollectiveOct 2016
The everyday of politics is the politics of the everyday.
Sex and Censorship in the UK
Jerry BarnettAug 2016
The Rise of the New British Anti-Sex Movement.
Maurizio FerrarisDec 2015
Things exist, and therefore undoubtedly resist us, but in doing so they offer affordances, resources, opportunities.
Mikkel ThorupAug 2015
Can capitalism promote effective philanthropy and altruism? Have the big society right wing neoliberals got it wrong?
From Public Enemy to Pussy Riot - Dispatches from Musical Frontlines
Matthew CollinMay 2015
Thrilling reportage from raves, riots and rebellions documents how rebels with a cause use music as a force for change.
The Manipulation of Mind
Ron RobertsFeb 2015
How your state of mind makes Big Business Happy
Rich MorelandJan 2015
Pornography feminists unshackle their desires and celebrate their sexuality in the patriarchal world of filmed sex.
Selected Criticism from Review 31
A collection of the site's very best reviews on art, culture & theory.
Culture Clashes in Europe East and West
Agata PyzikMar 2014
How the East stayed East and the West stayed West.
What can a body do under capitalism? Ground-breaking explanation that links Marx to Foucault.
Music and Politics
John HutnykFeb 2014
The war on terror thrives on pantomime demons, created and maintained by political opportunism, convenient stereotype and uncritical celebrity scholarship.
Emma M. JonesJun 2013
Plunder, pollution, profiteering: A history of London’s public and private drinking water.
Politics, the media and the anti-war movement
Chris NinehamMay 2013
The People v. Tony Blair argues that even a hostile media can be neutralised when a mass movement becomes powerful enough.
Sean Stuart O'ConnorNov 2013
A claustrophobic and fast-moving game of cat and mouse, as three ruthless men and one woman drive relentlessly towards their destinies.
A Hundred Years of Anti-Fascism
Dave HannJan 2013
An activists’ history of the collective anti-fascist struggle in Britain
: Imperialism, Postcolonial Disruptions and Social Change.
Peter MayoOct 2012
This work focuses on contemporary issues within the context of neoliberalism and colonial legacies, while exploring decolonizing spaces.
Phil JourdanMay 2012
The death of the author's mother sparks a series of reflections on the secret roles mothers play in the lives of troubled adolescents.
Kieron SmithSep 2011
The Politics of Down Syndrome is a call for people to think again about what it means to be inclusive, why we're hung up on the idea of intelligence and how an inclusive society is a better society.
This book contains the transcript of the fascinating 2008 discussion between philosophers Bruno Latour and Graham Harman at the LSE.
Steven ShaviroDec 2010
This book ponders the fate of the movies in a world of digital media, globalization, and massive financial flows.
Paul J. EnnisOct 2010
This collection brings together seven emerging post-continental philosophers offering a rare insight into the closeted world of academic philosophy.
A metaphysical horror
Tariq GoddardSep 2009
As the nineteen eighties reach their high watermark, a family realises that it is not wealth they are obsessed by, but the devil.
- Art (general): Art & politics
- Art (general): Criticism & theory
- Art (general): Film & video
- Business & economics (general): Business ethics
- Business & economics (general): Development (general)
- Business & economics (general): Economic history
- Do not use
- Ethics & morals
- Family & relationships (general): Death, grief, bereavement
- Fiction (general): Action & adventure
- Fiction (general): Historical
- Fiction (general): Horror
- Fiction (general): Literary
- Fiction (general): Thrillers (general)
- Health & fitness (general)
- Health & fitness (general): Sexuality
- History (general)
- History (general): Social history
- Literary criticism (general): Books & reading
- Literary criticism (general): Semiotics & theory
- Literary criticism (general): Subjects & themes (general): Politics
- Music (general)
- Music (general): History & criticism
- Music (general): Lyrics
- Performing arts (general): Film & video (general)
- Philosophy (general)
- Philosophy (general): Metaphysics
- Philosophy (general): Methodology
- Philosophy (general): Movements (general)
- Philosophy (general): Political
- Political science (general)
- Political science (general): Censorship
- Political science (general): Essays
- Political science (general): Political ideologies (general)
- Political science (general): Political ideologies (general): Communism, post-communism & socialism
- Political science (general): Political ideologies (general): Democracy
- Political science (general): Public affairs & administration
- Psychology (general)
- Psychology (general): Movements (general): Psychoanalysis
- Psychology (general): Social psychology
- Social science (general)
- Social science (general): Abortion & birth control
- Social science (general): Disease & health issues
- Social science (general): Feminism & feminist theory
- Social science (general): People with disabilities
- Social science (general): Popular culture
- Social science (general): Pornography
- Social science (general): Sociology (general)
- Social science (general): Sociology (general): Social theory
- Mark FisherMark Fisher's writing put Zero Books on the map in 2009. His book Capitalist Realism continues to de...
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including the Horror of Philosophy Trilogy (In the Du...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University and Tutor in Critical Writing...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Youssef El-GingihyYoussef El-Gingihy is a GP working in Tower Hamlets. He studied medicine, neuroscience and English l...
- Chris O'LearyChris O'Leary is a writer, editor and journalist based in western Massachusetts. O'Leary has intervi...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...
- Angela NagleAngela Nagle's work has appeared in the Baffler, Jacobin, Current Affairs, the Irish Times and many ...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...