Alphabetical listing of books
click a letter below
Candy Crush and Capitalism
This book is a study of enjoyment and of the enjoyment of studying. It asks what enjoyment says about us and what we say about enjoyment, and why.
The Lost Moment of German Idealism and the Reactionary Present
Modernity isn't the realization of the Enlightenment but the forgetting of its culmination and self-critique, German idealism.
Despite its crises the European Union keeps on getting stronger – its power comes from the decline of participation in national politics.
Eddie Bereskin wants to change the world and stop the war, instead his life unravels after being arrested on a protest.
An attempt to exhaust a movement
As this experiment in literary patterns enters its sixth decade, its members, fans and critics are wondering: where can it go from here?
An archival fiction
An archival fiction of listening, where landscape is reinvented and abstracted across autobiographical narratives of sounds, books, pictures and songs.
An Exploration of Flashing in a Contemporary Context
A sexual climate consumed by display ought to be ideal for flashers, yet their actions are taboo and illegal.
A 2nd Gen Memoir
Haunting, ferociously powerful look at life as a 2nd-generation immigrant in Coventry, England through the music of an ancient past.
Towards a Politics of Microspection
The world gets bigger not smaller all the time and this is very good news for humanity.
- Art: Subjects & themes: Landscapes
- Do not use
- Fiction: General
- Fiction: Political
- Fiction: Urban life
- History: Europe
- Literary criticism
- Literary criticism: Books & reading
- Literary criticism: General
- Music: Ethnic
- Music: Instruction & study: Theory
- Philosophy: Metaphysics
- Philosophy: Movements
- Philosophy: Political
- Philosophy: Social
- Political science: Economic conditions
- Political science: General
- Psychology: Social psychology
- Social science: Discrimination & race relations
- Social science: Feminism & feminist theory
- Social science: Popular culture
- Mark FisherMark Fisher is highly respected both as a music writer and a theorist. He writes regularly for The W...
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including In The Dust Of This Planet (2011). He teach...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University. She is the co-editor of Alai...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...
- Peter FlemingPeter Fleming is Professor of Work and Organisation at Queen Mary College. His recent writings are a...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...
- Adam KotskoAdam Kotsko is Assistant Professor of Humanities at Shimer College in Chicago (USA). He is the auth...
- Ivor SouthwoodAfter working as a psychiatric nurse, Ivor Southwood left the NHS in 2000 to study Literature and Me...