Alphabetical listing of books
click a letter below
Vaporwave and the Commodification of Ghosts
Grafton TannerJun 2016
In the age of global capitalism, vaporwave celebrates and undermines the electronic ghosts haunting the nostalgia industry.
Gay Liberation, Sexual Revolution and Radical Queens
Stuart FeatherFeb 2016
The queer fight for Gay Liberation; authentic identities and modern roles for lesbians and gays that enhanced British society.
Passions of the Will To Boredom
Julian Jason HaladynOct 2015
Examines the manners in which modern artists use boredom as a form of aesthetic resistance that, at its most positive, is the will to boredom.
M. G. E. KellyJul 2015
The First World is a parasite, subsisting on life imported from the Third World, and exporting death in return.
Pressing Race, Class and Ethnicity into Service in “Amerika”
Joshua David GonsalvesFeb 2015
Bio-Politicizing Cary Grant explicates the ethnic, racial and sexual ambiguity of Cary Grant’s star persona as both an inculcation of (and resistance to) biopolitical imperatives in fifties-era “America”.
Decision, Forced Choice and Propaganda
Robert JacksonNov 2014
A historical, critical look at the famous videogame franchise BioShock.
More Speculative Realism
Graham HarmanNov 2013
In this diverse collection of sixteen essays, lectures, and interviews Graham Harman lucidly explains the principles of Speculative Realism, including his own object-oriented philosophy.
The future of radical politics
An in-depth examination into the social nature of the austerity crisis and how we can move "Beyond Capitalism".
Essays on Fame, Death, Punk
Johan KugelbergApr 2012
A Punch and Judy show of intellectual diaspora making mincemeat of some pop culture sacred cows
Essays on Contemporary Art and Politics
Marc James LégerFeb 2012
Brave New Avant Garde provides an unexpected exploration of critical strategies for anticapitalist cultural theory and practice.
The Communist Critique of the Media
Stephen HarperJan 2012
Attacking the cherished assumptions of liberal media criticism, Beyond the Left updates and recharges the Marxist critique of the media.
Marcello CarlinApr 2011
A retrieved man tells how music, from Patrick Cargill to Jay-Z, retained the power to change the world in 2008.
- Art (general): Art & politics
- Art (general): Criticism & theory
- Art (general): Film & video
- Business & economics (general): Development (general): Economic development
- Computers (general)
- Design (general)
- Do not use
- Games (general): Video & electronic
- History (general): United states (general): 20th century
- Literary collections (general): Essays
- Music (general)
- Music (general): Genres & styles (general): Electronic
- Music (general): History & criticism
- Philosophy (general)
- Philosophy (general): Aesthetics
- Philosophy (general): Metaphysics
- Political science (general): Civil rights
- Political science (general): History & theory
- Political science (general): International relations (general)
- Political science (general): Political ideologies (general): Communism, post-communism & socialism
- Social science (general): Emigration & immigration
- Social science (general): Ethnic studies (general)
- Social science (general): Gender studies
- Social science (general): Lgbt studies (general): Gay studies
- Social science (general): Media studies
- Social science (general): Popular culture
- Mark FisherMark Fisher's writing put Zero Books on the map in 2009. His book Capitalist Realism continues to de...
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including the Horror of Philosophy Trilogy (In the Du...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Angela NagleAngela Nagle's work has appeared in the Baffler, Jacobin, Current Affairs, the Irish Times and many ...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University and Tutor in Critical Writing...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Youssef El-GingihyYoussef El-Gingihy is a GP working in Tower Hamlets. He studied medicine, neuroscience and English l...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Chris O'LearyChris O'Leary is a writer, editor and journalist based in western Massachusetts. O'Leary has intervi...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...