Alphabetical listing of books
click a letter below
Re-examining the strange and ordinary world of air travel, one flight at a time.
Aubrey de Grey
A line of interview books documenting conversations with artists, authors, philosophers, economists, scientists, and activists whose works are aimed at the future and at progress.
Experiences of Class Struggle and Rethinking Revolutionary Agency
Cliff SlaughterMar 2016
In today's globalised world, and after the collapse of Stalinism, what remains of Marx's 'the working class as the gravediggers of capitalism'?
What is Education for?
Nadim BakhshovDec 2015
The birth of a revolutionary art of world-creation.
A defence of growth, progress, industry and stuff
Leigh PhillipsOct 2015
Modernity is not the cause of our ecological woes. Only through a deepening of our modernity can we save the planet.
Bojana KunstAug 2015
Examining the recent changes in the labour of an artist and addressing them from the perspective of performance.
A Contribution to the Critique of the Science of Apparatuses
Grant VetterDec 2012
Grant Vetter develops an entirely new lexicon for analyzing architectural power in the twenty first century.
How Women Are Transforming Pornography & Why It Really Matters
Anne G. SaboOct 2012
After Pornified: where female pornmakers lead the way, empowering women to claim their bodies and sex against a pornified culture.
Sex Worker Union Organizing
Gregor GallJul 2012
Sex workers of the world are uniting and fighting to gain control over their working lives.
Gary TedmanJun 2012
What is the role of the aesthetic state apparatus?
Sinead MurphyMar 2012
Is art a mode of control? Does our desire to create constrain us as effectively as our desire to consume?
Douglas MurphyFeb 2012
This book proposes a theory of architectural failure; a radical way to approach memory and history in the city.
A Study in Cultural Power
Carl FreedmanJan 2012
applies Marxism and psychoanalysis to the study of American politics. In America, every age is the Age of Nixon.
Michel Houellebecq and Depressive Realism
Ben JefferyNov 2011
An interrogation of art's ability to face unpleasant truths.
Adam KotskoNov 2010
Argues that the awkwardness of our age is a key to understanding human experience.
- Architecture (general): Criticism
- Architecture (general): Urban & land use planning
- Art (general)
- Art (general): Art & politics
- Art (general): Criticism & theory
- Art (general): Film & video
- Art (general): Popular culture
- Do not use
- Education (general): Educational policy & reform (general)
- Family & relationships (general): Life stages (general): Later years
- History (general): North america
- History (general): Social history
- Literary criticism (general)
- Medical (general): Geriatrics
- Nature (general): Ecology
- Performing arts (general)
- Philosophy (general)
- Philosophy (general): Aesthetics
- Philosophy (general): Political
- Philosophy (general): Social
- Political science
- Political science (general)
- Political science (general): Civil rights
- Political science (general): Political ideologies (general): Communism, post-communism & socialism
- Science (general): Earth sciences (general)
- Social science (general): Feminism & feminist theory
- Social science (general): Gerontology
- Social science (general): Popular culture
- Social science (general): Sociology (general)
- Social science (general): Women's studies
- Transportation (general): Aviation (general)
- Travel (general): Essays & travelogues
- Eugene ThackerEugene Thacker is the author of several books, including In The Dust Of This Planet (2011). He teach...
- Mark FisherMark Fisher is highly respected both as a music writer and a theorist. He writes regularly for The W...
- Gilad AtzmonAtzmon writes on political matters, social issues, Jewish identity and culture. His papers are publi...
- Nina PowerNina Power is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at Roehampton University. She is the co-editor of Alai...
- Laurie PennyLaurie Penny is an up-and-coming feminist journalist, and has already gained a substantial following...
- Owen HatherleyOwen Hatherley was born in Southampton in 1981, and has lived in South East London for the last deca...
- David CromwellDavid Cromwell is co-editor of Media Lens, a UK-based media analysis website, which he co-founded in...
- David StubbsDavid Stubbs began working life as a freelance journalist in 1986, contributing to Melody Maker, who...
- Steven ShaviroSteven Shaviro is the DeRoy Professor of English at Wayne State University,US. He is the author of P...
- Holly Grigg-SpallHolly Grigg-Spall is a women's health activist and writer. The release of her first book 'Sweeten...
- Chris O'LearyChris O'Leary is a writer, editor and journalist based in western Massachusetts. O'Leary has intervi...
- Youssef El-GingihyYoussef El-Gingihy is a GP working in Tower Hamlets. He studied medicine, neuroscience and English l...
- Peter FlemingPeter Fleming is Professor of Work and Organisation at Queen Mary College. His recent writings are a...
- Carl CederstromCarl Cederström is a lecturer in Human Resource Management at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff Univ...
- Benjamin NoysBenjamin Noys is a UK-based theorist and critic who teaches at the University of Chichester and writ...